Sunday, February 5, 2012

Sunday, February 5th, 2012

Twenty nine years ago today, I lost the most important person in my life.  My Father.  I still miss him so much today.  It seems like such a long time ago, and yet somehow I remember it like it is today.  My heart will not let it go.  Pain is wrapped up inside of me, tighter than a snare drum, just waiting for a string to break.
I wish that someone else remembered that today was the day that Dad left this earth.  I always feel so alone in my grief for him.  I know it is not natural, yet for me it is... I don't understand and don't expect anyone else to understand either. 
Dad just to hold your hand one more time, hear you snoring, be able to hug you, tell you how much I loved you.  You were my everything, the very foundation that held me up, put me together when I fell apart. 
I am not even making sense now.  All I have is tears rolling down my cheeks and memories of days gone by. 

Nancy




1 comment:

  1. No, you made all the sense in the world, Nance. In know I'm seeing this late, but know you're in my prayers, and we miss you up here!

    ReplyDelete